Director – Customer Success Management Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat Operations Specialist, with deep domain expertise in Customer Success Management, SaaS, Recurring Revenue and Retention Strategy? Are you adept at working cross-functionally at senior levels to develop data-driven processes and insights that measurably improve performance in a complex fast-growing environment? But also have the tools, knowledge and enthusiasm for rolling up your sleeves and getting down and dirty with the financial, operational and customer-health data of the business?
If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, results oriented candidate with outstanding skills, to positively impact performance and develop a high-performance Customer Success Management culture, working cross functionally with CSM & Renewals Leadership, Product Management, Sales and Operations Teams.
This role is accountable for the overall development and run-and-operate of a Customer Success Management Operations Practice, reporting to the Global Head of Customer Retention Strategy and Operations.
The successful candidate will lead and oversee day-to-day activities that blend the strategic with the practical and tactical, supporting a CSM organization that expanding, maturing and diversifying to support Splunk’s high-growth strategy.
- Consult, direct and assist on the design of the overall CSM Practice; including Service Design, Coverage Models, Process and Playbook Design, Data Management and Reporting.
- Drive priorities, strategy and direction for the systems, policies and data needed to support the CSM practice.
- Develop deep expertise and influence on the key Systems and data-flows that support the Success Management and Renewals functions, including the Gainsight CSM Platform and Salesforce.com CRM, as well as other corporate or specialist systems that need to be developed to support the practice.
- Lead all aspects of and assist in the development of Management and Executive performance reporting and insights
- Develop and support the communications strategy, content and cadence of engagement with aligned teams in the broader Customer Success Ecosystem, Including Sales, Sales Operations, Product Management and Executive Operations.
- Participate directly in the preparation and delivery of regular management and performance reporting to adjacent teams, up to the C-Level.
- Run and lead financial planning cycles for the CSM practice, including the development of coverage models, ratios and service levels.
- Align with organizational and corporate objectives; develop and execute on an action plans to ensure growth and profitability. Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development and implementation of long-range business goals and objectives
- Hire and develop top talent that supports key operational processes, and the expert liaison with adjacent teams in Product Management, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.
- Set strategy, priorities and run the CSM & Renewals Training and Enablement practice
- Provide consultation and guidance on the ongoing development of KPIs, Metrics, Measures and Compensation plans.
- You come from a background with strong CSM experience in the Technology Sector.
- You have deep domain expertise in CSM and are ready to apply that in your next challenge.
- You are already acting at a Director level, setting strategy and direction for a mission critical organization. Much or all of what is described under ‘Responsibilities’ above is already in your wheelhouse.
- You have solid Customer Success Systems chops, including ideally experience with Gainsight (or similar) Success Management Platforms and salesforce.com.
- You have worked successfully with key business partners in Finance, Sales Operations, IT and Product on joint strategy and execution in support of Customer Success and Value objectives.
- You handle continuous change, ambiguous situations and occasional fire drills with aplomb.
- Executive communications, thinking on your feat and proving points with data to very senior audiences holds no fear for you.
- You thrive in managed change, and seek to push beyond the status-quo, seeking ways and means to drive outcomes and insights
- Excellent organization, self-sufficient operational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong social skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Ability to develop a cooperative work environment, and represent the team’s contributions and value in the wider sales ecosystem: you bring and drive credibility
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Desire Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Consistent track record of Enterprise Software Sales Management, Renewals and Growth
- 10+ years’ experience in software industry
- Demonstrable history of personal development - growing responsibility and span of control
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.