Senior Mulesoft Engineer, Application Integrations
If you are highly analytical and love designing and developing solutions related to Enterprise Application Integrations (EAI) using APIs then this role is for you. The EAI team is passionate about building the next generation enterprise API platform that makes business data and capabilities accessible as APIs to power innovation and higher-value creation to both internal and external stakeholders
Location: San Jose, CA or San Francisco, CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a critical role within the enterprise applications integrations core team at Splunk. In this role, you will do the following;
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to develop and expand our strong set of API led capabilities to super-charge our business.
- Work cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, using keen business process understanding and critical thinking to design, develop, test and document APIs using Mulesoft platform
- Be responsible for the upkeep of integration standards & toolset by performing code reviews, design reviews, source control management, and writing unit tests and performance tests
- Participate in various Scrum ceremonies as a member of the agile team
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Support and manage existing APIs built leveraging the Mulesoft platform
- Use and build Splunk reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting for the APIs
- Contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, mentoring others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT or engineering role developing and supporting integration web services
- 5+ years of experience designing & developing REST based web services using the Mulesoft Anypoint platform
- Experience in designing & developing REST based web services using Mulesoft Anypoint platform, Oracle SOA, TIBCO and similar tools
- Experience with SOAP & REST style web services, XML, XSLT, JAVA, web services, scripting tools like Python, Groovy
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), micro-services framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise design
- Solid software engineering principles and concepts
- Experience with API management, security, OAuth and OpenID technologies
- Experience with test frameworks like Junit, Munit, TestNG and automated testing
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Splunk products
- Integration experience with Cloud SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, Netsuite ERP, SAP, Workday and/or Eloqua
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days nor report to an office daily. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.