Manager, Observability (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Bring your talent and experience to the [email protected] team! Join an encouraging and collaborative team of engineers committed to building high-quality solutions for internal customers. We are in charge of providing reliable observability and monitoring services for IT and Security teams. We have Splunk's full suite of products available to us for the purpose of delivering optimal results. We meet regularly to discuss engineering strategies and cross-train various tools. Our team drives innovation to automate repetitive tasks and publish solutions for external customers to deploy. We work cross-collaboratively with teams throughout the Splunk organization in order to draft policies, develop scripts for automation and data ingestion, and deliver feedback on product features.
Our team is celebrated for engineering excellence, both inside and outside of Splunk. Year over year, we present highly-rated sessions at .conf, publish blog articles, and open-source a subset of our innovations via Splunk’s GitHub project, including but not limited to: Go Splunk Client, docker-swarm-splunk-hf, and TA-VaultSync.
[email protected] is also a strong partner with the Products and Engineering teams, where we’ve contributed to everything from Splunk-built addons (e.g. Zoom, Gmail, Falcon Data Replicator), to the health checks and alerts that ship with Splunk’s Distributed Management Console (DMC), to the feature improvements of various Splunk offerings. If you’re looking for a team where you can make a huge impact, this is it!
We are looking for an experienced, motivated manager to join this fun and inclusive team. You will be responsible for people and project management. In this role, you will work with the Senior Director of Corporate Infrastructure Solutions to guide a team of 8-10 engineers and a business analyst located throughout the United States. You will coordinate the development and delivery of solutions for teams who use Splunk products to detect incidents and anomalies, orchestrate responses, and monitor user and application activity in accordance with the IT Operations mission and vision. Collaborating closely with IT and Security, your team will build, maintain, and improve services and capabilities that empower teams to make data-driven decisions. You must thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment where a sharp sense of humor is basic currency.
- Support your team members as they address multiple, simultaneous projects from planning and estimation through development, delivery, and maintenance.
- Participate actively in meetings with cross-functional team members to triage requests and design team goals and direction.
- Drive the strategic vision of IT Operations and ensure business outcomes are met.
- Identify methods to improve & operationalize processes that are scalable.
- Collaborate with project managers and appropriate leadership to prioritize incoming projects.
- Guide the performance and professional development of team members with varying backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Interact daily with key partners through internal channels to address questions, derive requirements, and set expectations.
- 5+ years directly leading engineers who develop technical solutions in an Agile service-oriented environment. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted in lieu of direct experience.
- Experience with data analytics products and services.
- Consistent track record in performance management and career development of individual contributors.
- Ability to engage in technical and business discussions from both a tactical and strategic viewpoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain sophisticated technical topics to both internal customers and executive leadership with ease.
- Knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, proxies, WAFs, etc.).
- Understanding of IT fundamentals, including Linux and Microsoft operating systems, networking, security, cloud, and database technologies.
- Passionate about IT, technology, and following the latest industry trends.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with Splunk products is a plus, but not required
- Completed coursework in Leadership trainings
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related degree.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.