Product Manager, Competitive Intelligence (Remote Available)
We are looking for a Product Manager with a focus on Competitive Intelligence (CI) who will help to drive Splunk’s competitive intelligence across our Security product portfolio.
This individual will be expected to have a true passion for and deep understanding of the highly dynamic competitive landscape within the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR), and User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) market spaces. This individual will be a strategic and tactical thinker and contributor who will help improve product roadmaps, product positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
We see this position as being the go-to-expert on key competitors which will influence decision making and ultimately improve our competitiveness in the market.
You will join an existing team, reporting into the Product organization and work closely with our Field Sales and Product Marketing teams, among others, to position Splunk’s products against our competitors in the marketplace.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep technical knowledge of the Security market, focused on specific competitors and their offerings; becoming the ‘go-to-expert’ for those vendors, including SIEM, SOAR, and UEBA products.
- You will provide data-driven, impactful, and unbiased insights on Splunk’s true competitive position based on primary and secondary research to increase Splunk’s competitiveness
- You will track and report on major competitive announcements and build awareness of competitive dynamics including identification of emerging competitive threats and market trends
- You will ensure that current, accurate and relevant competitive intelligence is easily accessible to Splunkers, through battlecards, feature comparison matrices, and other deliverables
- You will conduct hands-on product evaluations to assess the strengths and weaknesses of Splunk’s products against opposing products
- You will synthesize findings and support multiple teams, Product Marketing, Sales, SE, etc., with content, communications and positioning as well as product launch strategies derived from your analysis
- You will facilitate win/loss analysis and assume onus for the analysis and feedback process from the field back to the product teams
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 1-3+ years of related experience (e.g., Product Management, Competitive Intelligence, Sales Engineering, Product/Technical Marketing)
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise-grade Security solutions and understanding of the needs of Security buyers
- A curiosity to learn new technologies, an ability to self-start, and the discipline to prioritize while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment will make you successful in this role
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Experience and/or knowledge of enterprise-grade Security products; SIEM, SOAR, UEBA, or log management preferred
- Experience working directly with Field Sales, Sales Engineering, Product Marketing, and Product Management teams
- Experience and/or knowledge of Splunk Security products
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent years of industry experience.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.