Senior Contracts Manager - SaaS/Commercial Legal
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We seek a Senior Contract Manager to support Splunk’s sales growth in Splunk’s AMER sales theater, with a focus on out-bound enterprise cloud transactions. You will drive the negotiations of outbound, cloud software subscriptions, sales channel and strategic alliance, system integrator and OEM contracts in direct and partner/reseller sales motions. The Senior Contract Manager will work closely with members of Splunk’s Amer Sales, Partner, Products, Revenue, and Finance teams. You will be able to interpret and address the contractual issues that come with selling cloud to the business enterprise. (Your experience with data privacy, liability issues, and service levels are strongly valued by us!) You will team to develop and improve cross-team training material, process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth. The role will report to Splunk’s Commercial Legal Director (Amer).
To succeed, the role requires you to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Drive and manage complex commercial contract negotiations, with a focus on enterprise cloud and technology sales in Splunk’s AMER theater;
- Resolve outbound software and SaaS subscription, sales channel and strategic alliance, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Support Splunk’s other sales theaters as needed;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk’s AMER field theater with Splunk’s global strategy and priorities;
- Work collaboratively to provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials;
- At least ten years’ experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and enterprise software;
- In-house experience strongly desired and previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required;
- Deep experience in addressing contractual issues in cloud, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters strongly preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.