Discretionary Business Development Representative (Chicago, IL)
Join us as we pursue our innovative new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
What you get from this role:
Our Business Development teams partner with all sales theaters to bring Splunk solutions to the most ground-breaking companies in the world. A career at Splunk means challenging yourself and your customers to reach higher - and to have fun doing it. We are seeking a dynamic, early career professional to join our fast-growing team. There is a defined growth path for successful Inside Sales Representatives to be promoted throughout the sales organization and other similar roles and marketing functions.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
In this role, you will showcase the ability to focus on an organization’s initiatives, challenges, pain points and partner with Splunk Field Sales to bring value to those organizations through our sales process. You will:
- Create pipeline for your accounts using demand generation and prospecting tools
- Find new opportunities and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Explore & identify new opportunities in new accounts and/or buying centers
- Research and present business intelligence about customers and prospects
- Generate business opportunities through professional networking and cold-calling
You’ll be driving sales activities on highly strategic accounts and projects within an ecosystem of best-in-class sales, technical and operational partners. Successful team members develop and demonstrate their sales acuity and move on to other sales positions and other roles.
Who you are:
- Sales hunter
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for a rep who has:
- At least 1 year of experience in selling or generating demand for enterprise IT solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Determination & relishes the chase
- Self-motivation and steadfast in pursuit of creating their own success
- To be at the top of the leaderboard & hates to lose
- High energy and contagious optimism
- A tendency to lead conversations & is assertive with next steps
- Adaptability and thrives on environments where they can grow
- Confidence in handling of objections and conflict
- Logic-based problem solving
- Task prioritization, discipline, and accountability
- A passion for research, data, and analysis that drives action
- Keen situational awareness within a team environment
- An ability to analyze business data to tell a compelling and actionable story
- Excellent presentation skills and clear communication
- An instinct to Google a solution to a new problem
- A strong executive presence, with polish and dedication to customer outcomes
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.