Professional Services Technical Project Manager - Public Sector
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Professional Services (PS) is a growing and dynamic organization which plays a key role in the success of our customers, our employees and our company. Our PS Technical Project Managers lead customers, partners and Splunk teams through the implementation of complex projects using a combination of management and technical skills. They are highly organized, strong communicators and have a real passion for driving successful customer outcomes. If you possess the ability to orchestrate and lead all aspects of post sales implementation services, negotiate timelines, handle customer expectations, and foster customer adoption, then this role may be exactly the challenge you are seeking.
- Lead technical deployment projects from kickoff to close out.
- Create and maintain technical project plans outlining tasks, milestone dates and allocation of resources aligned to statements of work (SOW’s).
- Plan and manage resources ensuring all projects meet customer obligations and budget expectations.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all customer, partner and Splunk stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Own and manage technical project escalations through to resolution, and ensure expectations are clearly set with customer and Splunk teams.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project methodology aligned to PS offerings.
- Maintain and foster Splunk, partner and customer relationships.
- Identify and promote opportunities for Splunk products and services to meet additional customer requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills through continuous learning.
- 6+ years project management or service delivery management experience, with PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Proven experience leading delivery of complex customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies.
- Experience working for a software vendor preferred.
- Working knowledge of Splunk or related big data technologies with the aptitude and the drive to learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% regionally, as required.
- Passion. Our customers are just as passionate about Splunk as we are about the solutions we bring to them.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team.
- Demonstrate the confidence and interpersonal skills needed to conduct effective executive presentations.
- Government Security Clearance is preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.