Incident Management Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Want to work in a dynamic environment working with the latest cloud technologies? Want to learn tools like Splunk from the inside and grow your career in exciting ways? Splunk Cloud is looking for self-starting engineers to be a part of the Cloud Network Operations Center (CNOC). The responsibility of the Splunk CNOC to monitor and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers. As the authority on our customer’s experience, the CNOC is the frontline of defense in making sure each of our customers has an extraordinary experience.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking engineer to join our team in supporting and monitoring our ever-expanding Cloud platform.
- Provide support & incident management.
- Participate in on-call support, ensuring stability and performance of production environments.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Respond to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and procedures.
- Participate in Post Incident Reviews and discussions.
- Build effective working relationships with cross-functional team members
- Make suggestions for process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies.
- Previous experience in Systems Administration in a cloud environment
- You have experience in incident response and major incident management.
- You’re experienced using Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- You are capable of technical deep-dives into code and operating systems
- You enjoy problem-solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- You are collaborative with extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills.
- You remain calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You demonstrate attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to prioritize quickly
- Experience using Splunk to identify operational issues is a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.