Senior Product Manager, Web Applications
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the Web Applications team, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in the success of many of our internal enterprise web and hybrid mobile applications. You will be responsible for driving the overall vision, roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of business partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work environment. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our internal business partners.
- Independently author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce technical feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on competency and delivery effectiveness.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical product manager
- 5+ years implementing and managing large-scale full-stack web applications
- Participate and facilitate in technical conversations
- Extensive experience in delivering RWD and hybrid mobile applications.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
Preferred, but not required
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.