Do you want to join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about technology products and seek to deliver the best experience for customers? At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each others' success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is searching for a Manager, North Bay Facilities to join the team and work in a dynamic, fun, friendly and fast-growing company. You will possess the right blend of technical expertise, project management, organization ability and shown success in a variety of applications. You are value driven with extraordinary customer service skills, and are able to interface seamlessly with the Splunk corporate culture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Bay Area Facilities, this role leads the Facilities Team in the San Francisco office and shows ability to “get things done” with a sensitivity to time. You will lead all day-to-day functions of the office and the people that perform the roles. A strong leader, this person will drive operational excellence through a combination of mentoring and team management, interaction with internal partners, vendor relations and alignment with Splunk culture. Involvement with design and construction of our new north bay office will allow this person to elevate the employee experience.
We look forward to finding you to join us to help build amazing work environments so employees can do amazing work.
- Lead multiple projects at one time and delegate tasks as needed.
- Manage budgets, submit monthly expense reports, track spends, find opportunities for savings, and provide support for budget development.
- Liaise with other Splunk departments to ensure compliance with local and national laws and codes at the site.
- Own relationship with building management and other tenants.
- Interact with the Safety & Security team to ensure security and emergency preparedness programs are properly implemented.
- Manage office services and vendor relationships, as well as drive RFP processes for new vendor engagements.
- Attend construction meetings and assist with related administrative duties or projects.
- Drive opportunities for improvement in the office environment.
- Manage space planning and seating layout in office, and build smarter practices for space management.
- You will ensure that the local Facilities team is responding to Facility Service tickets in a timely manner and responding to user queries.
- You have the ability to mentor local team on tasks, projects, or processes.
- Other project, activities and duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience running a facility, with 1-2 years supervising employees.
- Ability to operate with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Skillful in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You've worked in a customer-facing environment.
- You have great communication and social skills.
- At least 2 years of experience managing vendors
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in dynamic environment.
- Adaptable and able to quickly change priorities and responsibilities.
- Enjoy working with a fun, team with dynamic strengths.
- High level of awareness and great work ethic.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.