As the Principal front end engineer on our cloud platform you will be responsible for the technical direction and implementation of all new features on our flagship product.
You will be the go-to technical person for this group, interacting with the design systems, user experience, and product management teams, as well as technical leaders from other engineering teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop web-based, front-end applications using React.js, Apollo, GraphQL
- Detailed reviews of design, architecture, and code produced by other engineers
- Mentoring engineers on the team
- Collaborating with Product Management and User Experience teams on ideation, prototyping, and planning
- 2+ years experience with modern web frameworks, React.js preferred
- Extensive experience with web browsers as well as mobile-responsive apps
- Technical leadership developing features for large-scale applications
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always exploring new technology, bringing in OSS projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of uncommonly hardworking and dedicated peers
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
Splunk - The Data-to-Everything Platform
Bring data to every question, decision and action.
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
- Splunk Recognized Globally for Empowering Employee Success
- 90% of the Fortune 100 run on Splunk
Cool stuff we’re working on
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.