Accessibility Test Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with a diverse group of people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. Making our products accessible to our diverse customers is critically important. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, and having fun.
About the Role
As an Accessibility Test Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products and new features are accessible and easy to use. This includes reviewing UX designs and testing new functions and features to ensure that accessibility options are in place to provide the availability of the features to all of our diverse audiences. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, script, and execute tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality under the compliance of Section 508. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have a strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation, processes, and accessibility compliance.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen, and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible for their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Collaborate with design, product management, and developers to make sure we provide a consistent quality user experience that is accessible to and inclusive of everyone.
- Research and develop automation tools used to improve accessibility test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks with different accessibility compliance scanners.
- Breadth and depth. Work on incorporating accessibility to industry-leading software and services.
- Knowledge of the ADA, WCAG, Section 508, and WCAG v2.1 is a must. Preferrably to have knowledge of Non-US standards as well, i.e.: JIS X 8341-3, EU Mandate M 376, CHRA, i2020 framework, etc.
- Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) experience. Experience writing VPAT or Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACR) for Information & Communications Technology (ICT) vendors is a must.
- Mastery in using assistive technologies, like screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, ChromeVox, Spoken Web, or magnifier tool like ChromeVis
- Proven knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, MacOS and the specific A11y tools that work on those systems
- Experienced working on enterprise applications
- Preferably experience in with py.test or similar testing frameworks.
- Mature and patient with conflict resolution internally and externally.
- Effective communicator.
- Experienced in dealing with support groups, sustaining groups, and directly with customers.
- Passion for providing accessibility to all software.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.