Senior Build & Release Engineer
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Senior Build and Release Engineer for the Engineering Services team, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in our Continuous Delivery Platform initiative to automate and increase to delivery of our work across all teams within the IT department. You will be responsible for the technical vision and implementation that automates the delivery of code for development teams across the organization. Your enthusiasm for code quality, release engineering, and developer productivity will set a new standard for continuous delivery for Splunk IT. To be successful you will need to have the ability to quickly understand various aspects of the business and how that translates into robust and scalable continuous delivery pipelines. You will need to use your deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, for this role. In addition, you’ll use your passion for analytics to measure pipeline effectiveness and optimize where needed.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are valuable for this role.
- Build and maintain CI pipelines using build and release orchestration tools (GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, AWS, etc).
- Architect a Continuous Delivery strategy for deploying node/react applications to AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- Research and design a scalable continuous delivery platform using GitLab
- Troubleshoot build and deployment related issues
- Collaborate with engineering teams to devise code branching strategies, application deployment and rollback strategies, and implementing the development workflow in the CI pipeline.
- Improve and encourage development hygiene by incorporating unit testing, code coverage, functional testing, container security scanning, static code analysis within the development workflow.
- R&D into tools and services that can improve engineering productivity.
- Represent the team as a technical leader to deliver a highly scalable and robust continuous delivery platform for the organization.
- 10+ years of experience in build and release engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with GitLab (preferred) and/or Jenkins CI platforms
- Expert understanding of GIT and various branching strategies
- (highly desired) Deep experience with platforms technologies and tools such as ECS, K8, Serverless, Terraform, etc.
- (highly desired) Deep experience deploying and scaling containerized node/react applications.
- Good understanding of Artifactory/Nexus.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Francisco and San Jose offices to meet with key partners
- If you have a github profile or technical blog, we would love to see your work .
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.