Marketing Business Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Do you have a passion for understanding the underpinnings of marketing attribution? Do you want to crack the code on what is the true Marketing contribution to revenue? Are you fascinated by complex analytical models and data rich ecosystems? We are looking for a business data analyst to help us architect our business analytics framework to measure the performance of our Marketing activities. You will be accountable for building dashboards that track all marketing touch points across the buying journey.
We are looking for someone who is both creative in finding solutions to complex processes, but technically savvy to drive measurement, run structured testing and translate data as an internal consultant to the rest of the marketing team. You must have a thorough understanding of all Marketing channels and their associated technologies, so you know how to measure their respective performance. You will also be the evangelist for converting our internal stakeholders into making data driven decisions and driving governance when it comes to constantly improving our operational processes both online and offline channels, monitoring our funnel performance, and driving continuous improvements on how to accurately measure our marketing’s contribution to creating pipeline and revenue.
The right candidate will ask the right questions about the data – not only will she/he know what kind of data is collected, but why it is being collected and how it is being used to achieve business objectives. To be successful in the role, you will need to partner with different channel owners to understand their short term reporting needs but couple that with an eye for building our longer term analytics roadmap.
- Scoping, creating and building marketing analytics dashboards for global marketing
- Tracking online interactions with the use of UTM parameters and diving into SFDC and Eloqua data and putting the building blocks together around how we report out on attribution
- Take ownership of reported data and drive reconciliation between sales operations and demand gen operation teams
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis upon request
- Deep understanding of marketing pathways for both online and offline channels
- Tenacity in identifying potential reporting issues or challenges and is able to find a working solution given constraints
- Operates with the mindset on self-education and continuous improvement
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and context has been provided
- Ability to identify which cross-functional groups or marketing teams need to be engaged and recommend the best approach
- 2+ years of business analysis and marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Experience in software or high-tech B2B marketing is a plus
- Experience working with Tableau and other visualization/dashboard tools a plus
- Experience in building Splunk dashboards a huge plus
- Innovative, motivated, organized team player
- A passion for data, inexhaustibly intellectually curious
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.