Software Engineering Intern (starting June 2022)
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's GDI (Getting Data In) team is responsible for building products, tools, and technologies used by thousand's of Splunk customers to bring data from large numbers of systems and products into Splunk. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to work as part of the team chartered with getting data into Splunk and ready for analysis as quick and easy as possible.
What you'll do
- Design and build APIs to collect and process system, application, network, and OS level events.
- Write highly performant and scalable code primarily in Java or Python, and Golang as nice-to-have.
- Automate the diagnosis of performance and scalability issues.
- Evolve, refactor and maintain a large code base.
- Apply creativity to improve the API design for current and upcoming needs.
- Write the tooling and generate code to make your own and other people's job easier.
- Design and implement the optimal test strategy for our services.
What you'll need
- Pursuing a university degree or masters in Computer Science or similar.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python or Golang.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks
- Experience working with popular Cloud services and open-source projects is a plus
- Frontend experience is a plus
- You must be returning to full time education upon completion of internship (graduation date of 2023 or beyond)
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.