Technical Instructor - New College Graduate
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Technical Instructor to join the team and help us deliver world class training to our customers and partners nationally and worldwide. In this role you will perform instructional delivery of approved course materials. Teach multiple courses. Work within a team but must have strong self-discipline and be able to work independently. Willing to teach classes virtually as well as at Splunk partner, customer, and contract facilities.
Technical Instructor demonstrates the ability to lead major departmental projects and effectively work cross-functionally with members of other departments. You will be viewed as a leader and mentor by other team members and deliver multiple, technically advanced courses.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Teaches one or more advanced technical classes.
- Regularly participates in cross-functional projects.
- Manages major projects within the department.
- Manages multiple projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meets or exceeds goals and/or project milestones.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipates and resolves common problems.
- Balances long and short term goals by prioritizing activities.
- Actively participates in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Reviews training curriculum and provides feedback to instructional designers.
- Adapts well to changing job and project requirements.
- Recommends and implements solutions when project issues arise.
Requirements: I have already done that!
- Must be located in a PST or MST location.
- Software/technology training to various technical audiences (i.e. software engineers, systems administrators, developers, sales engineers etc.)
- Knowledge: Current Unix/Linux shell,
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in software application or technology.
- Qualified candidate must have excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills
- A recent graduate or soon to be graduate with BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a technical or related field is required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum hourly rate of $28.85. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.