Engineering Manager, IT DevOps
Job Description: That’s a cool job, I want it!
Are you a passionate Engineering Manager seeking a challenge? Splunk is looking for a hardworking manager to lead and support Splunk's IT team. You will be engaged with delivering and supporting an extraordinary global infrastructure to enable Splunkers.
You will partner with and mentor internal teams on how to design, build and manage a globally accessible infrastructure platform, while keeping a watchful eye on capacity, performance and service availability. You will optimize features and stability, building tools and processes that reduce overhead through automation.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers to deliver projects used by Splunk’s worldwide sales team.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to reduce operational overhead
- Lead by example, set goals for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your service.
- Lead on-call rotations and incident triage
- Design, write and deliver software or tooling to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Splunk’s services.
- Establish and track critical metrics to meet SLA
- Partner with Product Management and User's to drive prioritization and deliver impact
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+years of experience working within DevOps or SRE teams
- 3+ years as an Engineering Lead or Manager
- Excellent technical knowledge of scripting languages (shell, python), Terraform, AWS or other Public Cloud platforms, operating systems (linux and windows), Configuration Management tools (Ansible or Puppet), network fundamentals and automation
- Experience leading blended skill teams (Software & Systems)
- Experience with supporting a globally available service or website
- A phenomenal customer-centric attitude
- Solid understanding of AGILE/SCRUM methodology
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus
- Prior experience in software development or software engineering
- Experience with Splunk
- Agile certifications
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.