Business Development Representative (Plano, Texas Office)
Location: One of our fun offices in either: Plano, TX; Tampa, FL or Boulder, CO
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. Due to our expansive growth we are seeking outstanding people to join our team in our growing Digital Sales organization. As a BDR, you will cultivate our mid-market business by partnering with our Marketing and Sales teams to build opportunities in existing customer and prospect account accounts. By actively listening you will discover the; initiatives, projects and problems customers are facing & connect them with an expert that can help solve.
The day to day:
- Hone your sales hunter skills to find new opportunities in new or existing accounts and/or buying centers
- Partner with other sales teams, marketing and enablement to coordinate campaigns and align on new objectives
- Combine data from Salesforce, Outreach.io and Tableau to; spot patterns early, adapt activity & optimize performance
- Contact 60+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Discover & qualify opportunities by conducting consultative discovery & BANT techniques
- Work with smart people committed to giving you rewarding projects, networking opportunities and a development experience that will go beyond your time at Splunk
- A fast-growing and continually evolving business and market where you will be challenged and grow
- The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers
- Collaboration isn't a sound bite, it's the Splunk culture! You will partner with a set of hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from Digital Sales and Marketing to Field Sales and Ops
- 2+ years of experience selling or building pipeline for SaaS solutions
- Understands and is able to communicate technical solutions and business value
- Calculated adventurous person who is not afraid to experiment quickly!
- Gets Results: Motivated by achievement; sets stretch targets and delivers outstanding results in dynamic conditions
- Innovative Game Changer: You never say "Don't change it if it's not broken." & instead are always looking at things from different angles with an eye for how to do it better, faster and more efficiently
- Owns Personal Growth and Learning: Understands the impact actions have on others and seeks out knowledge and opportunities for learning and self-improvement
- High energy and contagious optimism
- A need to be at the top of the leaderboard & hate to lose
- An instinct to Google a solution to a new problem
- A strong executive presence, with polish & dedication to customer outcomes
- Passionate desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
- A 4-year Degree preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Located near either our office in Plano, Texas; Tampa, FL or Boulder ,CO (this is not a remote position, and we are unable to assist with relocation)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.