Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk DSP (Data Stream Processor) team is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), to support and test the next generation of Splunk Platform Ingest Service. Our team is responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of DSP features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include understanding of networking fundamentals and memory.
- Experience with Streaming Platforms:
- Experience with Big Data Ingestion Frameworks, such as Pulsa, Kafka, Flume or equivalent
- Experience with Big Data Processing Frameworks, such as Flink, Spark, or equivalent
- Nice to have experience with Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Distributed System Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, GCP and Azure
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Our Products run in Single Tenant and Multi Tenant/Microservice architecture. Experience with designing and building Frameworks which can process and validate massive amounts of data in real-time.
- API Driven Testing Experience. Expertise on developing test automation and working with HTTP APIs, such as REST, GraphQL or gRPC
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 8+ years experience developing test automation in C++, Python, Java, Golang
- Proficient in SCMS - Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases. Incorporate telemetry data into test design.
- Mentor: Coach junior team members and involve in hiring critical talent for the team
- 10+ years of experience as a SDET or SW Engineer
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Bachelor’s in CS degree; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 10 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 7+ years' experience).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.