Principal Product Manager
As Principal PM at Splunk, you will help lead the strategy for a new area of investment around Digital Experience Monitoring that’ll include End User (mobile, web) and Synthetic Monitoring in the context of cloud-native distributed applications. As the primary PM responsible to kickstart a critical new area of investment, you will need to thrive in a very cross-functional and collaborative environment working with the leadership and engineering, marketing, sales counterparts to define and drive a differentiated offering.
- Drive the product vision and strategy for the parts of our product that revolve around digital experience monitoring - end user monitoring (mobile, web), synthetics in the context of distributed applications. Ensure that your focus areas align with our broader product, customer and company needs.
- Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and a distributed engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills, Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- Bias-to-action, willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Prior experience launching products from scratch (zero to one) that scaled into multi-million dollar product lines in 2-3 years
- 5+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field + MBA from top-tier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or data analytics products
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.