Customer Success Manager, AppDev
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This position is responsible for supporting Splunk’s new application development software products for monitoring and observability (including SignalFx and VictorOps). SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds. VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering devops teams to collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be solved faster.
We’re making a difference in the modern application development space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. If you want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about customer success and evangelizing disruptive technology to help businesses collaborate and run more efficiently. We are looking for someone with exceptional customer acumen and a proven technical foundation who can lead customers through the post-sale portion of the customer journey and represent the customer voice internally and cross functionally.
- Orchestrate overall relationship with assigned customers, which will include: growing adoption, ensuring retention, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Work with customers to build success plans, establishing critical goals, to aid the customer in achieving their objectives.
- Establish regular cadence (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) with each assigned client, to review account lifecycle status
- Measure and monitor customer’s health via scheduled meeting cadence, product usage, feature requests and user feedback. Share health updates regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Cement yourself as a trusted/strategic advisor with customers and drive continued value of our products and services.
- Work closely with the AppDev sales team to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities with existing customers.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and program-manage customer concerns.
- Provide insight with respect to the availability and applicability of new products and features.
- Act as the liaison for technical inquiries, issues or escalations. This will include working with Support, Product and Engineering as needed.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the AppDev product suite (SignalFx and VictorOps)
- 5+ years of experience in a SaaS environment working directly with customers in a success, sales or technical support role(s).
- Exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-awareness and social skills to handle difficult situations with understanding and composure
- Able to grasp complex new software products and services-and how to use them in a competitive marketplace
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while still having the ability to focus on details and be analytical.
- You will be a strong teammate, but still a self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Live near our Boulder CO office (daily commute into the office is required)
- 15-20% travel (~1-2 territory trips/quarter)
- Prior experience with complex solution software including experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Prior experience in engineering/software development is highly desired
- Experience with various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps and/or modern application architecture (micro-services)
- A technical mindset and the ability to digest complex scenarios and translate ideas back to customers in a concise way
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.