SEC Reporting Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
As the SEC Reporting Manager, you will report to the Director, External Reporting/Technical Accounting and will be responsible for the financial reporting function of the company. This position involves the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements required by GAAP and the SEC, including the 10K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as researching technical accounting issues. In this role, you will also support quarterly reviews and the annual audit, build management reports, and research, interpret and implement accounting issues and new standards, as well as work on various finance projects related to financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, and systems for the growing Finance organization.
Location: This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office.
- Responsible for financial statements and disclosures for external and internal reporting, including disclosures in the Form 10-Q/K and earnings releases.
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required.
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics.
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions, such as those related to acquisitions, significant leases and internal-use software costs; draft technical memos to support conclusions reached.
- Assist with financial due diligence and integration related to acquisitions
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to resolve appropriate accounting treatment for critical accounting issues and identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Lead all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging and review.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- CPA with 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm. Experience with public filers is a bonus.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, technical accounting and financial statement presentation.
- Precise, analytical, organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Experience with SAP and Workiva is a plus.
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business/economics.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.