Human Resource Consultant, EMEA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about
Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a HR Consultant at Splunk located in the United Kingdom, you have knowledge and experience in the key functional areas of HR with an emphasis on Employee Relations (ER). Strong communication and interpersonal skills will help you work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee issues and projects. You are a champion of our culture and ensure treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our values, core competencies, leadership and conduct expectations. Splunk's People Operations Team (SPOT) is chartered to provide both proactive and reactive support for ER, HR Programs and the employee lifecycle. We are a relatively new team and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the build out of the HR shared service function. Your ability to balance between dedicated projects and urgent response is important for success in this role.
- You will manage end to end ER issues within the EMEA region that are highly sensitive and often need to be completed with limited time such as: workplace investigations, meaningful interventions, performance management, and coaching disciplinary actions and dismissals.
- You will act in a Subject Matter Expert capacity for any one or more of the following: HR functional area(s), line(s) of business, or HR Program(s)
- You will collaborate with members of legal, business leaders, HR Business Partner teams, and HR Centers of Excellence to create and maintain positive ER using standard methodologies
- You will develop and deliver training modules in conjunction with our Learning and Development team
- You will help design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
- Through data-driven decisions you will partner with others to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- You will analyze, diagnose, and provide input to the design of HR programs, policies, and practices
- You have at least 7 years of direct experience in ER, labor relations, or labor/employment law
- You are intimately familiar with the Acas Code of Practice and have conducted discipline, grievances and dismissals using this framework
- You speak and write fluently in English
- You are able to build trust and rapport quickly and virtually in the context of daily interactions and investigations: understanding the “art” of ER is the ability to elicit relevant facts and perspectives, while applying the “science” of a strong process and set of standards
- You hold a Bachelor's degree; advanced degree, or other specialized training in labor/ER
- You have a proven understanding of employment & labor laws and experience with such across EMEA
- You have designed and delivered successful training programs
- You are technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- You can develop an objective point of view, aligned with Splunk’s values and can navigate different agendas and desired outcomes, by being curious, balanced, equitable and able to operate with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- You have experience in labor relations working with bargaining agreements including grievances, performance management and disciplinary actions
- You are a standout colleague with strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- You are fluent in French and/or German
- You have strong interpersonal and persuasion skills and establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- You are a highly analytical thinker and a problem solver
- You pay attention to detail and are extremely organized
- You act with a sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- You hold high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
- You have stellar project and time management skills with ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects to closure
- You exhibit confidence and are an innovative thinker
- You are not satisfied with "checking the box" or just pulling out "what we did at my last job"
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.