Senior Financial Analyst, Partner Channel
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its sales finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This position reporting into the Sales FP&A Senior Manager will lead our long-range sales plan and annual budgeting processes, as well as our close and quarter-end reporting processes. You will partner closely with all the sales executives as well as sales operations teams to plan and prioritize supporting the company’s sales initiatives. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting sales executives and own crucial Finance processes
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales commissions and related models to Sales Executives and Board of Directors - analyze results, distill/synthesize business performance indicators, assess business risk and operating performance, and timely communicate risks and opportunities to management.
- You will need to be able to introduce improvements to improve accuracy of processing / reporting and develop data controls to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting.
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis in partnership with sales ops and presentation of strategic materials for sales management.
- Develop and/or enhance policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.).
- Experience in complex modeling (e.g., Cash Flow, Headcount, return on investment assessment, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 5 years of related experience (investment banking or management consulting experience is a plus)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.