Cloud Infrastructure Finance Manager
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using financial data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its dynamic finance team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, balance multiple priorities, and handle the ambiguity that comes in a dynamic Technology and Product organization.
Reporting to the Product Finance Director, this lead will manage spend specific to our Cloud infrastructure and apply heavy data analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity to become the key FP&A lead supporting Products and Engineering executives and own crucial Finance processes.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Establish positive relationships with and become a key advisor to the CTO, SVP of Cloud and Chief Product Officer, SVP of Engineering and their respective teams
- Roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics and deliver best in class reporting packages and dashboards to Product Leadership
- Effectively engage with our Cloud Operations and Engineering teams to drive cloud infrastructure optimization initiatives. Cascade key decisions into development of comprehensive infrastructure capacity planning financial model for expense and cash
- Engage with Product Management and Engineering teams to manage product profitability, incorporating key elements of cloud infrastructure expenses
- Collaborate and coordinate with cross functional departments to ensure smooth and timely execution
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of related experience supporting Engineering and Cloud Infrastructure organizations (firm requirement for this position)
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) products and pricing
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis
- Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality
- Superior software and system skills (advanced Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, SAP, Workday, Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Deep understanding of the SaaS business model and key drivers of SaaS growth and profitability improvements
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
Education and Experience: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.