Remote - EMEAJoin us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Security Strategist team is a global-level group within the Market Strategies and Technical Sales organization at Splunk, and we provide expert assistance to our field teams in the subject area of Information Security. We operate daily in five directions: field team enablement, voicing support for Splunk’s security message to the world, direct customer interaction, supporting our security partner ecosystem, and constant improvement of Splunk’s security offerings. In this role, you will work cross-functionally, supporting sales, sales engineering, customer success, partners, Security marketing, and Security product management, among others.
This global role can be located anywhere, near a Splunk office in EMEA At least 35% travel should be expected when it is safe to do so. You'll be working with our customers and partners, globally.
Our team is in regular motion. You might, on any given day:
- Provide expert industry knowledge internally to Splunk security-minded teams.
- Help a technical sales resource execute a specific portion of a particularly challenging evaluation, with your hands on the keyboard.
- Present at an external security conference or an internal event on a Splunk-relevant topic or build an externally-facing presentation.
- Contribute a blog post to our external blog site detailing solutions that have been built by you.
- Craft and/or run a deep-dive workshop with customers to evaluate their various compliance needs, SOC maturity, or efficiency in using our products.
- Help craft the direction of Splunk’s security business through decisions about organic product roadmap or inorganic acquisition.
- Run one of our acclaimed Boss of the SOC competitions for one or many customers.
- Create code to onboard or manipulate a particularly exciting security-relevant data source, or to build an add-on or improvement to our core or premium products.
- Co-author an immersive hands-on workshop to instruct our customers about insider threat, adversary hunting, or other popular topics.
These are just a few examples – but representative of our typical cadence! A flexible and creative approach is absolutely required in this position – you will be given mentorship and support, but never be told exactly what to do, and how to do it.
Eight+ years of experience within the security industry, preferably as a practitioner, but a track record of success with a security or security-focused vendor is acceptable.
- Up-to-date understanding of current trends in the security market.
- Expert understanding of a particular security-related subject area, like APT, fraud, endpoint, compliance frameworks, etc.
- Familiarity with common security data sources and their use for basic and advanced detection methods, including Cloud-based data sources.
- Comprehension with customary security products and their purposes in supporting risk reduction in an organization.
- Knowledge with competing SIEM, SOAR and UEBA technologies, and with complementary technologies to Splunk.
- Understanding of industry frameworks like ATT&CK, CIS20, LMKC.
- Ability to work remotely and across multiple time zones with a minimum of daily supervision. Being a self-starter is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in something related to technology, Masters or equivalent is a plus.
- 5 years of high-tech, customer-facing experience. Technical pre-sales experience is strongly preferred, but this can be in other roles like professional services, product management, or similar.
- CISSP, GCIH, GIAC, GCIA or equivalent experience.
- Coding experience (Python preferred) and examples of code you can provide or descriptions of what you’ve written and what problem it solved.
- Experience with multi-cloud security monitoring and anti-fraud or compliance
- Portfolio of public-facing materials: whitepapers, blogs, presentations, training that you have authored.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.