VP, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The Vice President, Digital Marketing & E-commerce, reporting to the CMO, will be responsible for developing and executing an omnichannel strategy across Splunk web properties, organic & paid channels, and e-commerce to support Sales, brand awareness and full customer lifecycle growth. This influential and highly collaborative individual will directly manage a multi-functional team to drive innovative customer experiences and oversee initiatives that drive growth for Splunk's online presence and digital engagement.
- Oversee concept development, strategizing, planning, and implementation of web/eCommerce initiatives and other digital channels
- Drive an aspirational customer experience through the execution of a cohesive story orchestrated across our digital channels leveraging Splunk’s brand and marketing campaigns
- Develop, manage, and iterate on the customer acquisition strategy (B2B) leveraging our web properties and digital channels. Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and other mediums.
- Direct strategies to optimize SEO/SEM programs, content syndication, digital advertising programs across media, and on social platforms such as on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Develop effective messaging that reflects both the strategic value of the product / platform as well as the deeper technical differentiation
- Establish a data-driven culture across Web and Digital Marketing teams and stakeholder functions to continually analyze ROI and refine strategies to increase conversions and customer engagements.
- Evaluate data and feedback from customer insights team to further iterate and evolve our customer journey
- Partner with various cross-functional areas to align the digital commerce strategy with target audience and client needs, brand positioning, revenue goals, and team resources.
- Lead key initiatives across the business on initiatives that will have a positive impact on growth, retention, and/or the Customer Experience.
- 15+ years of Global E-Commerce, Digital Marketing and/or Brand Marketing leadership experience with at least 7-10 years of successfully managing operational and functional leaders.
- Full immersion in digital marketing at a rapidly growing web-centric organization focused on a B2B audience
- Demonstrated track record of success leading digital channels across multiple platforms and customer touch points
- Deep understanding of customer lifetime value, recurring revenue, eCommerce and subscription-based business models
- Strong understanding of established web technologies and mobile standards and UI/UX best practices, and a curiosity about emerging technologies
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, performance marketing, and reporting tools and technologies
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain customer insights, create personas, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversions
- Experience in building, managing and optimizing websites for conversions, retention, and lifetime value.
- Experience with managing a quarterly budget to drive qualified leads and opportunities, while maintaining a low customer acquisition cost
- Proven track record in thought leadership and category creation.
- Ability to drive and manage change management programs across functionally and geographically distributed strategic partner organizations.
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes.
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture.
- Combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus.
- Based in the Bay area and be willing to travel 25% of time.
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies:
- In an environment that is open, direct, team-oriented, and results-oriented, you will contribute to overall business strategy by:
- Communicating frequently, truthfully, candidly, and openly; effective listener.
- Demonstrating through action a performance-driven mentality, demanding accountability from themselves and others.
- Build a merit-based culture of execution and accountability, and maintain a high performance, yet fun, dynamic work environment to recruit and retain top talent.
- Lead with a growth mindset: agile, fail fast, iterate, test, time to impact
- Foster open communication with team members, and clearly communicate the importance of team's vision, direction, and priorities
- Motivating others and recognizing and rewarding effective behaviors and accomplishments of others.
- Working hard, rolling up sleeves and approaching the role with both humility and pride.
- Demonstrating a high degree of self-awareness.
- Focusing on self-development and inspiring others around him/her to constantly focus on ways to improve and grow as a professional.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.