Software Engineer, Mulesoft Integrations (Remote US Available)
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. As much as we love to shake things and scale, we are also committed to our values which aren't just a list of adjectives that change every few years, these are the long-term values that ensure our culture fuels us to deliver the best experience for our customers over and over.
As a Software Engineer for MuleSoft Integrations on the Enterprise Integrations team within the ITS Engineering group at Splunk, you will play a critical role in the success of our application network and data democratization vision..This role will require you to use your deep expertise with the integration platforms, API design & development skills to deliver scalable solutions for the business. You will need to use your deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, for this role. In addition, you will need to collaborate with engineers, product managers, program managers, and customers across the company to drive business outcomes.
You will need to be a self-starter that can take ownership, prioritize, and handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive demeanor. In addition, strong verbal communication and written documentation skills are a must for this role for actively engaging and collaborating with both technical and non-technical partners.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Work closely with architects, product managers and engineers to develop and expand our strong set of API led capabilities to super-charge our business.
- Work cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, using keen business process understanding and critical thinking to design, develop, test and document APIs using Mulesoft platform
- Be responsible for the upkeep of integration standards & toolset by performing code and design reviews with a senior team member, and implement automated tests that others can understand, maintain, and expand
- Participate in various Scrum ceremonies as a member of the agile team
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Support and manage existing APIs built leveraging the MuleSoft platform
- Use and build Splunk reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting for the APIs
- Contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of solid experience developing and supporting enterprise system integrations using ESBs, RESTful APIs and standard data formats (JSON, XML)
- 3+ years of experience designing & developing API and microservices using the Mulesoft Anypoint platform
- Solid experience with custom connector development and auth policy (Oauth JWT flow & pkce flow etc. with outbound calls) implementation using java
- Solid software engineering principles and development experience using object oriented programming languages (Java)
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, microservices framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise design
- Experience in API management, policies, security orchestration(OAuth and OpenID technologies)
- Experience in test frameworks like Junit, Munit, TestNG and automated testing
- Working knowledge of various CI/CD and code analysis tools such as Git, Maven,Sonarcube
- Experience developing Mulesoft integrations with systems such as SAP, Salesforce, Workday, Snowflake
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills working with multiple teams across disciplines
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Hands-on experience with the MuleSoft Runtime Fabric (RTF) & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Splunk products
- Mulesoft Certified Developer (Level 1) - Mule 4 or MCD - Integration and API Associate
Education: Got it!
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.