Event Marketing Specialist, Industry Events
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is searching for a professional event marketer who is ready to make an impact. The Event Marketing Specialist for Industry Events will support the strategy and execution of 3rd party tradeshows and conferences on the Global Event Marketing team. Reporting directly to the Sr. Event Marketing Manager, this person will be responsible for deliverables across respective event marketing plans, logistics, experiential elements, partner activities and marketing communications for a series of industry events throughout the year.
This person will help the team build interactive event experiences that can drive demand generation. This team member is a detail-oriented and technically capable marketer who can work cross-functionally with stakeholders across product marketing, sales, corporate marketing and field marketing. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate seamless project management skills while contributing to sales pipeline.
- Supports the planning and execution of event logistics and marketing deliverables, from start to finish, for all assigned tradeshows and partner events.
- Assist with event service contracts, vendor orders, giveaways and promotions, staffing, hotels, shipping, labor, A/V, and other applicable event deliverables.
- Support the creation of all event related content and communications including briefing documents, marketing emails, creative materials, and internal event updates and presentations.
- Help plan and manage memorable experiences and attendee activations onsite at events for our customers and partners.
- Work successfully across product and partner marketing, content, brand, social/AR/PR, sales and campaign teams to plan event strategy and execute event related deliverables.
- Help track and measure critical event metrics for all programs in order to make decisions on event success and future participation.
- Assist with tracking budget expenses and show orders, including tracking actuals, creating POs and submitting invoices for payment for respective events.
- Support other event programs within the Global Event Marketing team on an as-needed basis, such as our annual conference, .conf
- Travel as required to assigned shows to support setup, onsite execution, ancillary activities and tear-down
- 3-5 years experience in an event marketing related role, preferably with a tech company.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Team player willing to pitch in on other events and projects when needed.
- Experience with marketing automation systems (e.g. Eloqua) and CRM (e.g. Salesforce.com) preferred.
- Inventive, self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong work ethic.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Inventive, adaptable and results orientated
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- 25%-30% travel (fluctuates based on event calendar)
- Values having fun, while being disruptive, innovative, passionate and open.
- Degree in marketing, related field or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.