Product Marketing Specialist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market (GTM) activities of Splunk’s security solutions. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new offerings, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn and burning desire to win in market.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco or San Jose, California and is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential. Domain experience in Security and a working knowledge of a Splunk’s portfolio of solutions is preferred.
- Contribute to overall market strategy and lead cross-functional tactical marketing efforts aimed at building awareness, the Splunk brand, generating leads, and increasing sales effectiveness and productivity in the security market.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, trade shows, online marketing, customer stories etc.
- Work across the Security Markets group to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, media relations, industry analyst briefings, customer briefings, executive briefings, etc.
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, return-on-investment (ROI) analysis, qualification and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- 2+ years of product marketing experience in relevant enterprise Security software, or equivalent experience.
- Expert storytelling ability, from helping craft core product messaging and positioning to bringing that story to life in a variety of tactics and formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Working knowledge of technologies and solutions in the Security marketplace, the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is preferred.
- Must be a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- BS in a technical discipline or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.