Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast-growing business. This position reporting into the Director, Data and Systems and supports FP&A’s ability to engage across teams through data analytics and system support. You will partner closely with all FP&A leads and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. You will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, prioritize multiple initiatives, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and build impactful crucial Finance processes across the organization.
- Optimize FP&A’s ability to scale with Splunk’s growth by identifying and implementing processes and analytics across planning, management reporting, and month end close that will improve the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models and systems.
- Manipulate and analyze large and complex data sets to distill insights from data; connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, effective, structured, and analytical thinking.
- Orchestrate expert level data visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, measurable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Collaborate with business customers for requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions which includes mapping requirements with the data sources/data warehouse.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational metrics.
- Work cross functionally on SAP ERP functional improvements and other financial system initiatives such as partnering with Data Governance teams to define the data elements and data structures used to enable analytical capabilities.
- 5 years of related experience in management consulting, operational Finance, public accounting, etc.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the cross functional leadership.
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting, fast paced and a highly collaborative environment with a start-up mentality.
- Outstanding software and system skills with extensive experience with Jira Service Desk, ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) and Planning (Hyperion, Anaplan, etc.) systems including data conversions and data mapping across multiple ERPs and Consolidation /Reporting systems is required to succeed in this role.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques.
- Proficient in SQL and be able to extract & validate data using SQL query a plus.
- Knowledge in programming language (R, SAS, Python) a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Stats or related areas.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.