Senior Program Manager, Data Technologies / ERP (SAP)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who will be in charge of leading the data track related to the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) initiatives. Partnering with the ERP program team, Enterprise Data Management, and business partners to drive the program forward, you will lead all aspects of project tracking including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition.
Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will leverage your knowledge and experience to drive the data programs in relation to our Financial ERP migration. You will also be responsible for working with the other ERP program leads to drive large scale global, cross-functional technology programs tied to goals and initiatives, including the ERP program and other large-scale transformations.
- Manage IT project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria
- Build commitment with delivery teams and business partners to effectively address project risks and issues
- Collaborate effectively with business and delivery partners to define data quality requirements and success criteria
- Negotiate competing requirements across business owners and define project direction, scope and phasing with delivery leads and business leaders
- Manage the implementation & use of project data dictionaries, mapping documents, or similar artifacts in partnership with data delivery leads, in order to maintain good scope management discipline
- Manage data operating committees to maintain continuous communication on objectives, deliverables, barriers, and risks of data workstream
- Bring knowledge of Project Management standard methodologies (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risk management, and issues management
- Have familiarity and experience with Agile and other iterative methodologies
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks, actively replan with business and delivery teams, and reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting with business owners and senior leaders and contributes to operational alignment
- Act as an authority by partners within IT and across the business and has a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
- 12+ years’ experience managing IT or software projects
- 8+ years leading large scale data migrations, quality and governance programs, or ERP SAP Business Applications programs
- Experience supporting Data Governance teams a plus
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Large scale cross functional project management experience
- Ability to influence and communicate at the Executive level of an organization
- Tolerant of ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Experience with Agile and Scrum and the use of Jira for project management
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of program management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources needed to assist
- Eager to learn and excited to work on programs across the IT portfolio
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Vendor management experience
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with DMBOK or similar data governance practices
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile experience or agile certification
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.