Senior Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk > SOAR is the only purpose-built Security Orchestration & Automation platform, and the first to provide an open and growing community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
This is an exciting engineering leadership role to lead and develop a team of passionate engineers. This team will deliver product features and enhancements as well as fixes and solutions to Splunk’s customers with rapid turn-around time, raising customer satisfaction. We are looking for a leader that has both strong technical abilities and experience building relationships with the Customer Success, Support, and the Field organization. Furthermore, the manager will play a vital role in product innovation by working closely with product management and other engineering teams to build and enhance the Splunk product in terms of new features with quality, diagnosability, and usability at the forefront.
As a leader in the SOAR Engineering group, you'll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment..
- Lead a team of high skilled frontend and backend engineers and serve as coach, mentor and technical adviser.
- Working closely with the rest of the leadership and product management team on product strategy and roadmap refinement with the customer first thinking.
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Lead the creation of features and product releases by being closely involved with the product development, design, and review.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack multi-tenant SaaS products.
- CI/CD is a top priority for us as we further mature our development model. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively participating in code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
- Work closely with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies.
- Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and coach them for their career development.
- Plan & implement strategies to help team align with the organizational goals.
- 5+ years of experience in product engineering leadership roles directly managing highly technical engineers.
- Able to build teams by attracting & retaining talent in a fiercely competitive environment.
Nice to have skills
- Experience working in or leading engineering teams distributed across geographies and timezones.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.