Back-End Software Engineer Co-Op (Machine Learning)
Are you passionate about improving infrastructure using the latest technologies (Docker, Kubernates, Splunk)? Do you have a track record of implementing and administering deployments of micro services on top of cutting edge cloud infrastructure; resolving and identifying build and service issues across a variety of platforms alongside some of the most experienced and sharpest engineers in the industry?
We are seeking a Software Engineer with DevOps focus with shown experience in implementing, improving, and administering micro services infrastructure and identifying and debugging build/service issues. You are proud of providing world-class customer service with a sharp focus on implementing, deploying reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure. You also have proven experience and are passionate about processes of running/monitoring production services and analysing service performance, SLIs SLOs etc. You have experience working in complex multi-platform cloud environments and familiar with DevOps practices and tools. He/she demonstrates effective communication and teamwork skills across project and functional teams. Partnership, creativity, friendliness and patience are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role.
- Help diagnose production services and CI/CD failures and identify root cause.
- Drive the efforts towards version upgrades, API compatibility, integration with other services.
- Work with infrastructure team to deploy new technologies/tools to production services.
- Work with operations team to monitor services health and implement processes, dashboards and tooling to support operational requirements.
- Drive improvements of tools used for collecting operational metrics, improve operational dashboards, and maintain operational runbooks.
- Work with security team to conduct pen testing and other necessary processes to ensure meeting security standards
- Engage with operations, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated engineering requirements.
- Use cutting-edge technologies to improve the current build and CI/CD infrastructure and pay back some existing technical debts.
- Improve infrastructure and tooling used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 5+ years of experience in a technical field or equivalent.
- Expert in building and operating production micro services architecture deployments on Kubernetes
- Experience in setting up build environment and identify build errors in multi-platform environment
- Experience in service health monitoring, performance analysis
- Experience in scaling cloud services, handling failover and disaster recovery processes
- Expert in Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in versions control system with branching and merging e.g Git
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with Go, Java, Python or C++
- Experience with AWS; GCP or Azure a plus
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Make.
- Experience in package managers, e.g npm, yum.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.