Senior DevOps Engineer - Platform Infrastructure
Do you have a track record in designing, implementing, administering and supporting mission-critical services in a large engineering organization? Do you excel at providing world-class customer service? Are you passionate about the latest container technology? Do you have experience in pursuing vendors to fix critical bugs, influencing their roadmap and negotiating contracts? Do you want to take your career to the next level by working on providing cutting edge CI/CD support alongside some of the sharpest engineers in the industry?
Our ideal candidate is an individual who’s driven by technology and enjoys automation and problem solving and is technically savvy to lead the DevOps team in the right direction. Customer satisfaction, ensuring high availability and uptime of production systems is one of our core commitments and we work hard to strive for those while having fun, innovating and challenging status quo.
- Use technical analysis to assess the scalability and reliability of the engineering infrastructure.
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate Docker Container Clusters using Orchestration Engines like native Kubernetes, Swarm.
- Design and build Docker Files, Amazon AMI’s
- Design new strategies for optimizing all aspect of the certification, CI, release and deployment processes using latest container and virtualization techniques (Azure, Docker, Docker Enterprise, UCP, Kubernetes, AWS EC2)
- Help lead the transformation to modern DevOps at Splunk by leveraging the latest cutting-edge technologies.
- Provide world class customer service for requests from all stakeholders and customers including; software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Typical requests will cover: CI/CD systems, Infra monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required to support frequent cloud releases.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve our engineering infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of progressive work experience in the DevOps, SRE functions doing large scale software development.
- Extensive working experience with modern container technologies; Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, EKS, ECS or equivalent.
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Technology. (AWS-including EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, Cloudformation, GCP, Azure).
- Experience working with virtualization technology. (VMWare, OpenStack)
- CI/CD automation using Jenkins, Bamboo, Code ship or similar.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Consul, Packer a plus.
- Proficiency with log monitoring and analytics using solutions like Splunk or others.
- Scripting using Python, Go, or other a plus
- Experience using APIs, microservices and other REST technologies
- NGINX or similar load balancer – Installation, Configuration and management.
- Linux (ssh, including bash/shell scripting)
- Experience with version control and build management tools, e.g. git,github, gitlab.
- Experience in Linux, Windows.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket.
- In-depth experience with modern CI/CD pipelines and the common components and services typically used with these pipelines:
- Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github
- Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation platform
- Vault credential management
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with design & administration of highly available engineering environments.
- Experience with cloud native software development is highly desirable for this role.
- Extensive exposure to DevOps / SRE practices, including automation, configuration management, and release management.
- Kubernetes experience.Infra as Code.
- Scripting knowledge. Python, Bash, Ansible.
- Splunk or any other log monitoring experience.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various UNIX flavors.
- Adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals.
- Experience working with Big Data and data visualization.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.