Marketing Business System Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Do you have a passion for understanding the underpinnings of marketing attribution? Do you want to crack the code on what is true marketing contribution to revenue? The marketing operations analytics team is looking for a business system analyst to lead and architect our marketing analytics framework to measure the performance of our marketing activities.
We are looking for someone who will engage with business stakeholders to understand their needs, drill into the details to analyze existing processes, and translate them into functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives, leading implementation and facilitating incremental improvement. You must have a thorough understanding of all marketing channels and their associated technologies, in order to iterate, scale and build upon existing framework.
You will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the marketing analytics portfolio and related technologies, supporting the marketing organization.
- Be the Product Owner and business liaison directing the BI roadmap for marketing analytics
- Drive the development of a cohesive unified view of marketing technology, data and systems with the IT and marketing teams
- Be the expert on existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of marketing channel data
- Build marketing metrics and KPIs by aligning information across disparate systems
- Evaluate and stitch together data coming from multiple sources to provide foundation for marketing journey analytics
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis upon request
- 5+ years experience as a Business System Analyst
- 3+ years experience supporting marketing and/or data analytics
- Proven history of working with developers and cross-functional business stakeholders and in driving projects from start to finish
- Experience with business analysis and business process improvement
- Tenacity in identifying potential reporting issues or challenges and able to find a working solution given constraints
- Must be a self-starter, deal with ambiguity and thrive in high-growth environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Proficient in Tableau and other visualization/dashboard tools
- Excellent Excel, SFDC, SQL skills
- Innovative, motivated, organized team player
- A passion for data, inexhaustibly intellectually curious
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.