Principal iOS Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk mobile team is working on a brand new app for users who use Splunk to monitor, investigate, and secure their systems and infrastructure. A big focus area will be helping users with security investigations and security automation.
It’s an amazing time to join our fast growing team. We started our code base only a year ago; everything is new and written in Swift. The code base has no tech debt or legacy code to worry about. We currently have three mobile apps in the app store, and plenty more coming. We spend a lot of time thinking about what are the right tools, architectures, and practices that enables our developers to enjoyable build apps quickly with high quality.
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team of product managers, designers, quality assurance, and senior engineers to design and build a new app
- Build increasingly complex app components and take an app through the entire software development lifecycle, including fixing bugs, and improving performance
- Nurture an open culture that encourages people to participate in peer code reviews, design reviews, and improves code quality
- Encourage innovation and be forward-thinking by sharing new ideas with the team
- 12 plus years of experience
- Proficient in iOS (Objective-C, Swift)
- Strong experience in building native mobile (iOS) applications with an emphasis on performance and robustness
- UI design experience
- Knowledgeable of mobile instrumentation and analytics
- Experience collaborating with design and multi-functional engineering teams to simplify complex problems for users
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- INSTRUCTIONS: Bullet point the required education or equivalent experience required. e.g. BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Travel Required? (25% travel)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.