Global Alliances Director (IC & SF Bay Area)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role:
Are you passionate about exploring new business models and building “first-of-their-kind” strategic partnerships? Do you love mind-blowing innovative technology, leading broad cross-functional teams, and solving complex puzzles?
We are looking for a natural leader with exceptional business development skills to identify and build first of their kind strategic partnerships. Your primary objective will be to drive long-term opportunity in new markets and buying centers for Splunk through indirect models. You are a daring ‘hunter’ with a consistent record of developing, negotiating and signing revenue-generating deals with market leading hardware and software providers. Success depends on your ability to blend high level strategy, product knowledge, industry expertise, and pragmatic considerations. You are located in the SF Bay area (this is not a remote position)
In this role you will drive early stage business development with leading technology vendors and SaaS vendors. You will research vertical ecosystems and prioritize partners in alignment with Company, Sales, and Market Group goals. In addition you will:
- Initiate and build new partner relationships from scratch
- Creatively structure, negotiate, and execute complex strategic partnership agreements
- Design, develop and validate innovative partner-driven offerings
- Make thoughtful, actionable recommendations and quickly build consensus across senior level internal and external partners
- At least 10+ years of demonstrated sales and business development including proven success developing, negotiating and signing revenue-generating deals
- Success working with partners to identify, define, and launch first-of-its-kind solutions including vertical offers tailored for healthcare, financial services, and other industries
- Experience driving alliance partner relationships across a range of business activities (engineering/product alignment, joint solution development, marketing, training/certification, and sales engagement)
- Collaborative bridge builder with 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams
- Highly analytical, data driven strategic thinker capable of creative problem-solving and pragmatic execution
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Able to commute into our San Francisco office preferred but willing to consider someone near our San Jose office. (This is not a remote position and we are only considering location candidates.)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.