Senior Manager, Accounting - EMEA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
We are currently seeking a highly effective Senior Manager, Accounting - EMEA with passion and a proven track record for success in organizational planning, financial process re-engineering, systems architecture, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. As a Senior Manager, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our global accounting operations and there will be project initiatives that require a global view and a clear understanding of how to best collaborate with our Corporate Accounting counter-parts to lead to optimal solutions. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Assistant Controller you will lead the monthly close process for EMEA, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, while having responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
- Lead EMEA month-end close and consolidation process, including reviewing of journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- Lead the filing of the statutory financial statements with international regulatory/government bodies and coordination with our external service providers to fulfill local statutory reporting requirements, including local tax filings.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process.
- You will have a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems. SAP experience is preferred.
- You will work effectively in a high growth environment – comfortable in both individual contributor roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time.
- You will promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters.
- You will plan and design business processes and objectives and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in the team organization, business systems and activities.
- You will develop and mentor accounting staff to build their professional career and maximize potential
- You will partner with cross-functional team members (Legal, HR, Tax, FP&A, IT) to support the Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay and Hire-to-Retire processes in the EMEA region.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close process for EMEA locations and ensure compliance with both US GAAP and IFRS for local/statutory reporting and timely reporting for a wide variety of external and internal users including corporate management.
- Assist with the implementation of equity programs in foreign locations.
- Coordinate with external auditors for international subsidiary statutory audits and US audit.
- Assist in 404 SOX compliance for in-scope international regions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CA considered a plus
- 10 years minimum of Finance/Accounting experience with a track record of strong relationship development and leadership skills
- Experience with international operations including consolidation and foreign currency matters
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and EMEA Statutory Reporting and compliance requirements
- Enterprise systems experience required; SAP experience preferred
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.