Technical Marketing Manager - Security
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) for Splunk’s security portfolio you will help drive the technical planning and tactics of the Security Product Marketing strategy. In this role, you will reinforce the technical value proposition of our security products, apps, and solutions, build supporting product demos and tools, and present the products to prospects and customers as well as at key industry events. You will also be responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a value-based dialogue and showcase the product for appropriate use cases and audiences. The role involves ownership and project management of technical marketing initiatives, such as those above, working closely with other members of product marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, and development engineering.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco and is a great opportunity for the right individual at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is critical.
- Product demonstrations: Designing, delivering, and training the field on value-based demonstration of our products. Creating and maintaining the official demo and video library of Splunk’s Security Markets Group. Duties also include developing demo scripts and data sets, handling demo infrastructure logistics, maintaining and updating demos, and providing technical support for demo-related matters.
- Product evangelism: Evangelizing and demonstrating Splunk security products to analysts, prospects, and customers—in meetings, webinars, seminars, at conferences and tradeshows, and anywhere else required.
- Industry events: Developing the demo and showcase strategy of Splunk’s products at industry events. Attending tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and demonstrate our technology. Planning the product showcase and technical strategy of product-related events, such as the Splunk Phantom Hackathon at Splunk’s annual users conference.
- Product launches: Participating in product launches to build technical product content (demos and videos), and where necessary, developing messaging, pitching Splunk’s technology to analysts and press, developing product collateral and sales tools, and supporting the launch plan.
- Sales tools: Developing technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and other tools to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk for Security story effectively.
- Product positioning: Connecting security market and technology trends with Splunk’s technology to build technical product positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Partnerships: Supporting partnership-related TMM activities.
- 4+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using and installing a combination of Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Enterprise Security, and/or Splunk Phantom.
- 2+ years of security industry and/or security practitioner experience—preferably with hands-on experience using SIEM and SOAR technologies.
- Strong preference for candidates with hands-on experience handling and supporting cloud infrastructures.
- A knack for using new software tools—from video screen-capture and editing, to collaboration software and more.
- Strong ability to identify and solve technical tasks related to infrastructure, networking, and other areas, to improve software demo performance.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to apply security best practices to real-world use cases; prior domain knowledge of SIEM, SOAR, and UEBA technology highly preferred.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair, and to different types of audience.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.