Sr. Revenue Analyst - O2R ERP
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Senior Revenue Analyst to join its Revenue Accounting Team. The position will be responsible for implementation of SAP (converting from NetSuite), reviewing revenue transactions, and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles. The position will also perform various monthly revenue analysis reconciliations and analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded, develop and implement policies and procedures to increase efficiencies in the order to cash to revenue recognition process, and to strengthen the company’s control environment.
Location: Santana Row, CA
Administering the design, testing and conversion to SAP from NetSuite
- Work on establishing efficient revenue accounting system processes involving automated revenue solution with RevPro and SAP
- Own monthly close and reporting processes including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of revenue accounts and deferred revenue accounts
- Assist with the quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility
- Perform SOX testing to ensure SOX compliance; work with internal and external audit requests related to areas of responsibility
- Perform and prepare quarterly SSP analyses
- Review arrangements with multiple performance obligations and assess allocation
- Perform analysis, assess appropriate accounting treatment, and book the accruals for credits and rebates, partner referrals
- Assess and prepare appropriate revenue accruals
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliations including detail analysis of professional services and education revenue
- Perform monthly close procedures including backend controls to ensure accuracy of revenue
- Perform analysis on deferred revenue including prepare of deferred revenue roll forwards and calculation of the short term/long term classifications
- Contribute to process and system improvements in the revenue cycle, including ERP system enhancement and departmental projects
- 3-5+ years of revenue experience, ASC 606 experience preferred
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships across all business functions
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- CPA is a plus
- Experience working for a Big Four is a plus
- Experience with financial systems, SAP, NetSuite & RevPro is a plus
- BS in Accounting or Finance
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.