Principal Engineer – Engineering Effectiveness
Architect -Developer Platform Infrastructure
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud and architectural expertise to build, develop and mentor an exceptional team that is integral to the next generation platforms enabling Splunk products.
What we’re looking for
A hands-on engineering leader who is passionate about the journey into the cloud. Articulate and execute on a vision focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, testability and observability, along with the operational aspects required to create a world-class customer experience. This requires experience in designing, operating, administering and supporting mission-critical services to support a diverse engineering organization along with experience in developing microservices in a native cloud environment.
What you provide
- Adept at communicating architectural , service design vision and roadmap to key partners
- Experience in shaping the future of CI/CD architecture to smoothly transition from Enterprise large scale software development into the Cloud delivery model
- Provide hands-on technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, UCP, AWS/GCP, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Provide technical mentorship to the team
- Expert in system design, data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure exposure to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Customer obsession-Build a great customer experience for engineers using our services.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field .
- 15+ years of software development or equivalent experience; 8+ years demonstrated ability in designing and architecting SaaS infrastructure
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing leaders through ownership and opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.