Senior Atlassian Systems Administrator
Job Description: That’s a cool job - I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Do you live and breathe all things Atlassian? Do you love staying ahead of the growth curve and relish the opportunities that come with it? If yes, then you are the person we want to talk to.
Splunk is looking for a Senior Atlassian Administrator focusing on BitBucket, JIRA, and Confluence. As the primary Atlassian administrator, you will be responsible for effectively running our BitBucket repository, JIRA, and Confluence ecosystem (Core System, Plugins, and Tools) and be our overall organizational authority in this critical area.
Working with the Senior Manager of IT Operations based in San Francisco, you will partner with various leaders and their groups across multiple Business Units to support Splunk’s corporate JIRA/Confluence initiatives. You'll be the primary person responsible for maintaining the Atlassian environment end-to-end, from design, systems administration, web service & application tuning, to applying standard methodologies to ensure we have a sound service/solution that meets the business needs.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Run all aspects of the Atlassian toolset for Splunk
- Configure and maintain the production JIRA and Confluence overall services, as well as the BitBucket code repository infrastructure
recommend,and guide standardized methodologies for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management within JIRA and Confluence
- Provide sustaining/operational support to ensure that day-to-day operational requirements and SLA’s are met
- Plan, evaluate, deploy, and maintain 3rd party plug-ins to suit the expanding business needs
- Lead process improvement, including problem management, and ahead-of-the-curve resource planning to reduce repeat of incidents and issues
- Maintain and ensure systems are expertly backed up
- Collaborate with key business partners to understand their business, recommend potential solutions, and secure resources to deliver
- Maintain key operational metrics and provide regular updates to upper management
- Self-directed and can work with minimal supervision
Activemember of the IT Ops on-call rotation
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with administering BitBucket, JIRA
- Experience with Slack chat solution
- Deep understanding of JIRA and Confluence workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Knowledge with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL
- Experience integrating JIRA and Confluence with other applications (e.g. BitBucket and HipChat)
- Experience with API’s and tool integrations
- Experience with AWS major services nice to have
- Linux administration and experience with a programming or scripting language.
- “Can do” attitude, strong customer service, and track record on delivering quality results
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to customers and upper management
- Ability to prioritize contending demands
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, including the confirmed ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
It's great if you also have:
- Ability to thrive in a
fast changingcompetitive environment
- Experience in a customer focused technical support environment
- Server knowledge and ability to solve problems
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.