Director of Product Management – IT Operational Analytics
Director of Product Management – IT Operational Analytics
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a hands-on product professional with passion for driving strategy and teamwork? Can you engage a development team and evangelize a vision for an area of Splunk products? Can you collaborate with and encourage a cross-functional team to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products?
We are seeking a product management leader that combines attention to technical detail, and business savvy can apply a deep understanding of the market to build unrivaled products.
In this role will develop and execute our App Delivery strategy and be responsible for the success of defining, developing and bringing to market our suite of App Delivery solutions built on our market leading operational analytics platform.
We have many innovative eco-system partners and customers who are already leveraging out platform to address key use cases. In this role you will be identifying key build, buy, partner opportunities for Splunk.
You will use your experience and understanding of DevOps cultures, CI/CD solutions, IT technologies to define key use cases, emerging and existing business problems and differentiated solutions and partnership opportunities for Splunk.
You will collaborate with a team of engineers, QA, UX and customers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products.
You will work closely with the other product management leaders at Splunk to manage our expanding IT management portfolio.
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
We believe in leadership at every level and ensuring that everyone grows their career at Splunk. A key part of this role is mentoring your Product Manager(s) and Development Team(s), as well as investing in cooperative relationships among your peers in business functions such as product marketing, sales, technical presales, professional services, and support.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product area of IT automation, including understanding the market, defining the vision and laying out the product roadmap, partnerships, and GTM
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs
- Define product requirements based on customer’s needs, market and technology trends
- Collaborate with engineering, QA, support and field teams to drive successful product release and adoption
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 10+ years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product owner in a SaaS or Cloud based delivery
- Experience as a Product owner of multiple products or major feature areas in a portfolio
- Experience with building/bring to market cloud services or SaaS technologies
- Experience with high velocity, low touch GTM and (see, try, buy) techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset
- Experience writing, defending and implementing business cases
- Experience in developing, and enhancing user stories, persona development
- Strong knowledge of Analytics platform
- Solid understanding of cloud/SaaS/Containers new stacks
- Solid understanding of traditional on premises stacks
- Strong knowledge DevOps - CI/CD trends and technologies and evolving market dynamics
- Strong knowledge of the APM market and key capabilities/differentiation across the categories
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle using scalable Agile, including experience with CI/CD frameworks as applied to on premise and/or cloud delivered services
Product & Technology Development and Delivery Background:
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Understanding of Machine Learning, serverless computing concepts
- Experience with data management and replication technologies
- Product Marketing and go-to-market experience in enterprise software market
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); Master of Science/Engineering, MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.