Engineering Manager -IoT
Engineering Manager - IoT
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building AI-enabled IoT devices? Do you want to be part of the founding team for a new product and build it from the ground up?
Splunk's Toronto Engineering team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of dedicated engineers and launch Splunk’s hardware strategy. You will build innovative new products that use sensor data and machine learning at the edge. In this role, you will collaborate closely with customers, manufacturing partners and product managers to craft a groundbreaking new product. You will get to work with individuals who are doing pioneering development across a wide range of technical areas (embedded, iOS, Android, backend, frontend and hardware) to integrate this new product with Splunk’s outstanding business analytics software.
You are an experienced, hands-on engineering leader who is excited about managing and growing a software development team. You are passionate about technical details, CI/CD, software quality, and most importantly investing in others. You are creative, collaborative, and ready to be flexible in a highly agile environment. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves but also able to keep the bigger picture in mind.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be a hands-on technical leader who will be involved in the technical design and contribute code from time to time.
- You will attract, hire, and retain top-tier engineering talent.
- You will meet regularly 1-1 with team members.
- You will serve as a mentor, coach and leader to create a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on delivering value to customers.
- You will work across the organization to ensure that your team has the resources it needs to succeed.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines and operating production web services at scale
- 3+ year software management experience leading, mentoring and growing teams
- 2+ years hands on experience developing commercially released software applications using languages such as Python and C++
- Consistent record in driving sound architecture and technical design
- BS CS/EE or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Experience with embedded systems, Google Coral or Raspberry Pi is an asset
- Experience with machine learning and frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Experience with hardware design and testing (e.g. PCB schematic and layout, digital/analog electronics, mechanical design)
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally reciprocal and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- BS CS/EE in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.