Senior Data Analyst, People Analytics
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The People Analytics team ensures data driven decision-making throughout the People organization. We provide critical support to the business around issues of organizational health, employee engagement, measurement of program effectiveness and blue sky thinking for all things related to People. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are someone who wonders "What if?" and are relentless in seeking out the solution. You will play an important role in how we “bring data to everything” with your expertise and passion to help address the data and analytical needs of teams and clients across the globe. Your knowledge of People data, along with deep business context, will enable you to provide action-oriented analyses to ensure our People organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven People decisions.
- Empower leaders and organizations by providing high quality and timely reporting, analyses and actionable insights.
- Manipulate and interrupt large and complex data sets to distill insights; connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative and analytical thinking.
- Design, develop and automate self-service dashboards and analytics solutions for Business Leaders and Managers at scale.
- Orchestrate expert level data visualizations and presentations that convey insights that are meaningful to business partners.
- Enable Leaders with insights to continue to make Splunk a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Serve as key thought leader internally with People team COEs to deliver analytics and insights on programs for Performance, Rewards and Talent Development.
- Continually develop new models and methods for evaluating existing data or correlating new to existing data sources for intuitive reporting solutions.
- Drive strategic use of data to help increase value of the People Analytics function.
- Be disruptive in your space by finding creative ways to provide innovative solutions despite limited data resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, or another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience within a Talent or People Analytics function
- 5+ years Workday experience including experience with advanced reporting and calculated fields
- Experience with analytics and visualization tools, such as Tableau or Workday Prism
- Solid experience with regression analysis and other statistical modeling techniques
- Familiarity with data warehouses, SQL and the ability to query, join and transform data from multiple sources
- Experience owning complex projects involving multiple teams
- Experience managing relationships with clients and addressing audiences at different levels
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.