Product Marketing Manager - IT Solutions (REMOTE)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market (GTM) strategy of Splunk’s solutions targeted at IT organizations and IT professionals. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action and continuous improvement, a willingness to learn and a burning desire to win.
This role is an extraordinary opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and market-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential. Domain experience in IT is expected, and experience in customer marketing and demand gen marketing is preferred.
- Define market strategy and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, demand generation, and increasing sales in the IT market.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, events, demand gen campaigns, digital marketing, customer stories, etc.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging, target marketing and enablement.
- Help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in both product and GTM.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Assist the partner and field sales organization by providing help and expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various marketing collateral including customer success stories, white papers and presentations.
- Drive awareness and interest for Splunk’s market leading AIOps and IT Ops solutions via blogging, published articles, presenting and driving thought leadership.
- 6+ years of product and general marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies, trends and solutions in the IT Operations marketplace including ITIM, ITOM and AIOps is strongly preferred.
- Must be a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, partner and sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, as well as interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Experience working directly with customers to build and tell their success stories.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.