Engineering Manager - Data Stream Processor
Are you excited about data and data streaming? Join us in the Data Stream Processor team to develop sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allow customers and developers to collect petabyte scale data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more in a scalable and reliable way.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead a diverse team of engineers as we continue to innovate on Data Stream Processor Platform. This person will be an experienced leader able to work with product management, design and engineering leaders to envision and deliver a world class product. We are looking for a person who will take ownership of their domain and who is driven to tackle problems at multiple levels. Collaboration and partnerships are the paramount in our company culture and want leaders who can communicate at a high level but can also talk in low level details to achieve the greater goal.
- Recruit, mentor, and grow high performing engineering team
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Lead technical direction and architecture with engineering team members
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets
- Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth and sharing of technological insights
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on building high scale, cloud native SaaS application
- Experience building cloud native applications in an agile manner using DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and build/test/release automation.
- Experience with building applications on and integrating with public cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Development experience with Java, Go or equivalent languages and associated frameworks
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 6+ years of industry experience, of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management/Technical leadership roles and responsibilities
- Passionate about building and fostering engineering best practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem, we trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.