DevOps Engineer & Artifactory Administrator
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
- Are you passionate about improving CI/CD infrastructure using the latest technologies (Artifactory, Jenkins, Ansible, docker, Splunk)? Do you have a track record of implementing and administering the current generation of repository management (i.e: Artifactory) and CI/CD infrastructure? and are experienced at resolving and supporting issues across a variety of platforms alongside some of the most experienced and sharpest DevOps engineers in the industry?
- Splunk is seeking a DevOps Engineer/Artifactory Administrator with proven experience in implementing, improving, and administering Artifactory, supporting build infrastructure and resolving related supporting issues. This person is passionate about providing world-class customer service with a sharp focus on implementing and deploying a reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and their associated services, especially Artifactory repos. The successful candidate has experience working in complex multi-platform environments and is familiar with release engineering practices and tools. He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across teams to accomplish common goals, coding skills in python or shell is essential, partnership, creativity, and leadership are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role.
- Provide timely, world class customer service for Artifactory requests from engineering teams including; software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Typical requests would cover; managing user and group security, general configuration, clustering repos, backup, aradmin tool, and support the release management and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Configure and support a secure and internal (inside the firewall) Artifactory implementation that holds all packages required for production and delivery to customers, ensure the integrity of every single package for both cloud and on-premise.
- Ability to dive in and debug live production systems, performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Use the latest technologies (Python, Docker, Ansible, Splunk etc..) to improve the current build and CI/CD infrastructure and pay back some existing technical debts such as re-architect repositories, set up a consistent naming conventions, etc.
- Capable of prioritizing and executing critical and blocking issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to work on a distributed system with thousands of concurrent users, writing and deploying artifacts without any downtime.
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated engineering requirements.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and raising alert when needed, and improve overall CI/CD engineering infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 4+ years of experience in a technical field or equivalent
- Strong trouble-shooting experience in one or more of the following languages/environment: Java, python, groovy and shell
- Experience managing the following artifacts repos: Artifactory, Nexus.
- Experience with container technology – Docker, UCP or Kubernetes, Docker DTR and/or Quay
- Knowledge of databases PSQL MySQL (HA, hot spare and tuning), Apache - Tomcat ( troubleshooting and tuning web services ), java - JVM JRE ( tuning JVM troubleshooting and managing)
- Experience in versions control system with branching and merging e.g: Git, Perforce, etc
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done
- Knowledge of linux systems and AWS services - Experience running systems in AWS, EC2, ELB (network, application, classic) a plus
- Knowledge of Load balancers - F5, Nginx, (VIP configuration, round robin, reverse proxy, web cache)
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform; GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make,Jenkins 2.x; Bamboo or TeamCity
- Experience in package managers, e.g npm, yum
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.