Senior Manager, Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a result driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect,openness and always doing the right thing!
The Sustaining Engineering team at Splunk assists customer success teams by maintaining and enhancing customer Splunk core product deployments both on premises and on Splunk Cloud.
This is an engineering leadership role to lead and develop a team of passionate engineers. This team will deliver high-quality fixes, product improvements and solutions to Splunk’s customers with rapid turn around time and raise customer satisfaction. This hands-on leader should have the technical abilities and customer relations experience to work with the Customer Success, Support and the Field organization. Furthermore, the manager should continuously strive to improve processes, collaboration and facilitate the bridging between Engineering and Customer Success for a rapidly growing organization with increasingly demanding and rapidly expanding customer base.
Responsibilities: “I want to and can do that!”
- Lead a team of C/C++ engineers and serve as coach, mentor and technical adviser.
- Play a part in the diagnosis of complex problems encountered by Splunk’s on-prem and cloud customers, emphasis on cloud.
- Lead the team in evaluating future releases for diagnosability, maintainability and serviceability
- Work with Customer Success, Support, Field and Engineering management to prioritize incoming requests from the field
- Improve the defect resolution process for minimized latency and increased customer satisfaction
- Plan & implement strategies to help team align with the organisational goals
Requirements: “I’ve already done that or have that!”
- Extensive experience in a combination of Engineering and customer product engineering leadership roles
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining scalable enterprise software solutions, including issues with threading, network and disk IO, data transformations, data integrity, systems management, systems administration, monitoring
- Experienced in collaborating with remote teams
- Proven track record of being hands-on who is willing to get hands dirty when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.